Wednesday, August 23, 2006

The wheels on the bus.....

S1 was so excited about school this morning I could not pull him off the front door to dress and feed him. Only when I mentioned "shoes" (which he knows he needs to leave- forget clothes, as long as you've got shoes you are good) did he voluntarily release the door knob and come over to the couch. Once dressed S1 even sat down to be fed breakfast. Then his little face was glued to the window watching for the bus. Finally I decided that the bus should be here shortly and unlocked the front door. As S1 pulled it open, the bus pulled up (his bus stop is our front yard) and once it stopped he bolted off the porch, ran across the lawn and climbed in with no assistance at all. S2 followed close behind carrying S1's backpack and handed it over to the driver. S2 has taken this job on himself and heaven forbid I give the driver the back pack. As I went back to the house I saw S3 standing in the doorway warily watching the bus pull away with S1 inside. I explained that the bus takes S1 to school and that he'd be back. Then we all went inside and I fixed some breakfast for the rest of us.

PS Last year I had to help S1 step up onto the bus and the aide had to help him with the steps and to his seat. Now he's so excited to go to school (after being bored at home) that he'll get on and up and in his seat all by himself. Woohoo!

No comments: