Monday, August 21, 2006

Massaging Raspberries

I have been waiting all summer for the fall crop of raspberries, which are cheaper to buy than the spring crop. I planned on making jam. Well, today I got those bargain raspberries, which are delicious, and came home and sat them on the table. While I had my back turned, S1 did, what we call "massage" on my flat of berries! Basically he digs both hands in and starts pumping and moving his hands, grabbing as much as possible to squish through his fingers. Then he throws his hands up in the air above his head and shakes them. Then he starts over again.

Mushed up raspberries in my flat, on my table, on my chairs, on my son, on my wall and of course all over my floor! I haven't yet dared to look up at my ceiling.

Since I caught him quickly, only about a quarter of the flat is ruined so I should have enough for jam still.

No comments: