Saturday, August 19, 2006

Out and about

Today being a Saturday S1 was dying to get out of the house. S2 had a soccer game so he had been out and about running himself ragged. After dinner S1 and I took a walk while Dad was supposed to be bathing the other two. We went around a couple of blocks and actually had a very nice time. There was a slight breeze, the sun had just gone down and it was starting to cool off. S1 was attached to me by the wrist leash, which he doesn't particularly care for. He did a great job of not trying to run off and babbled and sang to himself most of the way, jumping along more than walking. I sang "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" and "Five Little Ducks" and he followed along the best he could - especially making hand gestures. He even enjoyed spraying the hose (and his hand) for my neighbor that we stopped to chat with for awhile. Once the hose was off he found some dry cracking mud to mess around with for a little bit. When he lost interest he stood up and came to me saying, "I done. I done." Then tried to kiss me to get me to stop talking and on with the walk! All in all it was a very nice walk together.

Once home however to get him in the door we had to tempt S1 with a bath. Since he loves water he marched right in and started trying to take off his shirt. When he did not succeed with that he attempted to take off his sandals. With a little help from me he was running naked down the hall in no time flat.

When S1 went to lay down in bed he wanted me to lay down with him. Since it was the only way to keep him in bed I complied. I sang to him for about 15 minutes until he finally was sound asleep so that I could escape. Now we just have to move him to his bed!

Oh, I also made a batch of strawberry jam and got it put up today. Now while Dad is getting the other kids down I am doing the laundry for church tomorrow. Guess I'd better go check it.

No comments: