Thursday, May 31, 2007

A Very Slow Slow Cooker

So, I thought I would get a jump start on things today and throw a rump roast, peppers and onions in the slow cooker so we could have fajitas for dinner tonight. Great plan, except S1 got out of school early since it was the last day. By early I mean they had him home by 10:30 am! Yet I still managed to stick to my game plan.

I also managed to get the rest of the corn, tomatoes and cucumbers planted in my garden. Then it was time to go to the gym. Well, when we got back I took a look inside my slow cooker. To my utter horror I saw that the contents did not appear to be very cooked. That's when I looked at the knob and found that some little hand had switched it from Hi to Lo. Ahhhhh!!!! So my plans for dinner tonight have become my plans for dinner tomorrow night. Now I just have to figure out what to feed them now. Corn dogs anyone?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

well, it's better than going to a lot of trouble to make something in the slow cooker and by the time it is done, you can't stand the smell of the food so you can't eat any of it. so while everyone else enjoys brocolli cheese soup, you have to find something else to eat. i now can't even think about it or i start to feel sick. (i think i was pregnant when i made it, that could explain a lot!) wendy