Friday, May 25, 2007

Run, Don't Walk

So, I just found the deal of a lifetime at Wal-Mart. Okay, maybe not the deal of the century but still a great bargain. S1 and S3 both wear the same size diaper even though there are 5 1/2 years between the two of them. This afternoon I discovered that I was down to my last four diapers. I normally buy a box of size 6 diapers every 2 weeks or so. Since Dave has a gig tonight I knew I had to make the diaper run before S1 got home. Down to the Wal-Mart I ran with S2 and S3 and made a bee line for the diapers. Of course they were all out of the boxes! And all out of size 6, in the brand that I usually buy, on the shelf. Luckily I checked the center aisle. There they had, on clearance no less, mega packs of size 6 diapers --- for only $7!!!!! So, I bought every last package they had out! All ten of them. I figure that should hold me for a while. And should S1 happen to potty train before then, I shall simply be grateful. For those of you who want to know just how good my deal was, here's the break down.

Usual box of diapers: 64 for $15.46
Clearance Mega Pack: 52 for $7 (usual price $12.74)

So, for 520 diapers I paid $70. Normally this would have cost me $126 so I saved $56 on diapers. Hooray. There's not even a coupon out there that could hold a candle to this deal. If you've got kids in diapers, maybe you want to run, not walk, down to your Wal-Mart and see if they've got this killer deal for you too!

The only downside to this tale is this: if the diapers are on clearance, does that mean they are getting rid of my favorite brand? Sniff, Sniff. I guess I'll have to wait and see, hopefully they are only changing the packaging.

P.S. It's the White Cloud brand.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Single people think "parents" get excited about the strangest things.

Anonymous said...

Jenny, I gave up on the white cloud diapers with my son. I found that the Wal-Mart brand was just as good if not better and cheaper. So I have been buying them since the first kid. the only time another brand is used is when we are desperate and wally world is closed or too far away. (luckily, there is one just down the street and soon there will be a supercenter up the street.) I have also found that most of the name brand diapers make the urine smell ten times worse when they wet. (I just hope that none of my babies have sensitive butts.) I wish I could find a deal like that, soon I will have 2 in diapers... wendy

Angela said...

I'm a White Cloud mom too. Gotta love Walmart!