Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Budding Artist

What is worse than having a two year old who has discovered that your walls are his canvas? Having a seven year old autistic kid who discovered the same thing! Now my walls, especially the kitchen ones, are covered in all sorts of lovely designs. Luckily the markers are washable, so that damage is minimal. It's when they've grabbed the crayons or a ball point pen that we have the main problem. Sure, magic eraser gets off the crayon, but the ball point pen can be more difficult. Maybe I'll try rubbing alcohol tomorrow. But what's the point because as soon as I am putting my cleaning supplies away the little artist will be at it again!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to admit that it doesn't add much to the decor, but a chalkboard does have some advantages.

Love,
Dad

Angela said...

Jenny, your patience is inspirational! Thank you for keeping us up to date!

Anonymous said...

my son, who will usually leave most of my craft supplies alone. will gladly get into my acrylic paints when his cousin of the same age comes over. this happened a couple of years ago. They had the brains to take it upstairs where mommy wouldn't see. then proceeded to decorate my lavendar bedroom walls in dark green paint. not to mention my bedding and my nice bed. Can't blame them though, none of us were watching and the paint was in their reach. so you get sympathy here, don't worry. wendy :)

libr246df said...

Maybe this will help: Try hair spray on the ball point pen ink. Good luck!