Tuesday, May 22, 2007

I can't wait

Okay, this post has absolutely nothing to do with my kids. It's all about me. I am so excited for two things this summer. First, the new Harry Potter movie. The Order of the Phoenix has been my favorite book in the entire series so far so I am totally pumped to see it. Second, the new Harry Potter book. I know that when it comes out I will be at the evil empire, Wal-Mart, at midnight to buy the book at that lovely roll back price. Then I will stay up as long as my eyes will remain open, devouring it's pages. Dave will have to stay home all the next day while I eat, sleep and breathe Harry Potter. Until I finish the book all diapers can wait! Dave will also have to teach Sunbeams on Sunday because, although I will not skip church to read Harry Potter (it will take all my willpower to do so) I will be so tired from staying up all night reading that I will not be coherent enough to teach, just awake enough to tell the kids to sit back down and be reverent! Or if I'm really lucky one of my kids will be sick so I can stay home and read while they sleep. No, I'm not really wishing that, okay, maybe just a little bit. I should be done reading it by Sunday night. Then Dave can start the book. But, whenever he's not, I'll probably grab it and read through it again! That's what he gets for marrying a speed reader. Or maybe we'll just buy two copies and when were finished donate the extra one to the library. I'm sure they've got a waiting list!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad to see that we share a similar level of enthusiasm (derangement??). (I, and possibly Charles, will be at Borders at Midnight.) Charles, and, probably, Terraza seem to be a tier or two down. I'm not certain where Paul will fall on the "fan scale." But I am pretty sure than Mansur and definately your mom are "movie only". Her participation in the movies may only be because it is a family event rather than a inherent desire to see the films.

Melissa said...

Yep, Jenny, I'm too cheap to buy the book so I'm on the library waiting list... #1483!!!!!!!!!!
Happy reading (when it comes out!)