Sunday, June 03, 2007

To the pool

We had our first trip to the pool so far this season. It was me with the three boys. Dave had a gig and they were dying to go. S1 especially was ready to get out of the house. So with double stroller, life jacket (for S1) and water wings (for S2) we walked up the hill. I have to admit, it went rather smoothly. Most of that was only because S1 wanted to actually stay in the pool today (not visit the water slide or roll in the sand volleyball court) so we just trailed him. The other reason is that S3 actually enjoyed the water. Last year he was pretty leary of it and would get cold fast. This time he had a blast. The biggest struggle is that he wanted me to let go of him so he could "swim" like S1 and S2. Next time I have to remember to bring two life jackets. Especially since as I was leaving for the pool Dave said, "Don't let anyone drowned." Not that I would intentionally do so, but I think he was more scared than I was of having me go to the pool alone with the three boys! We are in for one fun summer.

No comments: