Tuesday, June 26, 2007

We love our Aunties!

So, my boys just love their aunts to pieces. When Jen came to help on Saturday, S3 went chasing after her calling Jenny, Jenny, Jenny when he thought she was leaving. They were all thrilled when she showed up that morning. Then today as I was getting ready to take S3 to the doctor's, my sister showed up. S2 was excited to see her and I had just gotten S3 out of bed so he was out of it. Terraza, my sister, took S2 with her so they could get a treat and I could just drag one kid to the doctor's office. Today S1 had respite so I didn't have to worry about him. Although, it is a bummer to have to use respite time to take another child to the doctor. Anyway, we left first and Terraza and S2 left sometime afterwards. Well, first thing that S3 does when we walk through the front door is look around and say to me, "Where's Terraza?" I set him down on the couch as he continues to look around for her, repeating himself over and over, and I say, "She's not here." Boy, did he start to cry. When they, Terraza and her husband, Eric, come to drop off S2, I let her know she needs to come in and spend a few minutes with S3 after I told her what happened. So they sat and read a book together and that was good enough for him. As she left he stood and waved and said, "Bye bye Terraza".

S2 on the other hand had trouble separating from her because they hadn't done all the things he had wanted to yet, like play sorry and draw with sidewalk chalk. Life is hard. But he still had fun getting ice cream with her and eating dinner at her house.

They also love their aunt Katie and can't wait to see her in July and for her to come back for school this fall!

No comments: