Sunday, June 03, 2007

If we were Pentecostal....

If we were Pentecostal then I wouldn't have to struggle with S1 being disruptive at church. He'd fit right in with all his hand clapping and arm waving. Not to mention the speaking in tongues and sudden loud outburst. People would just think he was filled with the spirit! Today was great because as they were passing the sacrament he was singing Twinkle, twinkle little star - with the accompanying hand gestures, in a pretty audible voice. I think even the pentecostal's would have noticed.

I suggested to him that maybe he should at least sing I am a Child of God instead. I think he tried but was too caught up in his previous song so it came out as a mix of the two songs. S1 was pretty good the rest of the meeting, although you should have heard him belting it out during the first verse of the closing song, I Believe in Christ. That was a joyful noise. Nothing intelligible, but a joyful noise none the less.

No comments: