Wednesday, October 19, 2011

What a Good Little Helper

Took the four kiddos to "respite" at S1's school tonight so I could do some shopping without them. When I went to pick them up, S1 was ready to drag me out the door but I told him we had to get his brother's and the baby first. We went to find them and while I chatted with the lady holding D1 he tried to pull me away again. I said, "No S1, we can't leave baby sister." So he reached up, grabbed D1's arm as she was still being held by said lady (who just adored her) and went to pull her out of the lady's arms! It cracked me up because that means he totally understood what I said and figured he'd speed up the process. Now we just have to work on his approach! My assumption is that he was trying to get me the baby so we could go but I think the lady was loathe to giver her up.

The main reason this tickles me is because I didn't really have to repeat myself for him to understand. I told him we needed his sister and so once he could see her, he tried to get her. Such a good little helper.

No comments: