Thursday, January 01, 2009

We should go away more often...

Well, I doubt my in-laws would agree with that but still. Dave and I went on a 8-Day Western Caribbean Cruise to celebrate our 10 year anniversary. His parents volunteered to come and stay with the kids so we could get away. And away we went - to Mexico, Costa Rica and Panama. However, S1 did well with new blood to take care of him and my back sure appreciated the break - especially since I slipped on the stairs the Sunday after Thanksgiving and land smack on my T5/T6. Anyway, we got back late in the evening and Dave's parents took off the next morning. That afternoon S1 wanted us to go down the stairs with him and he started repeating, "Come on, Come on, Come on" while gesturing a bit with his hand. True it was a bit garbled, but I was amazed at what he was saying. He later also told David, "Let's go, Let's go, Let's go" which sounds more like lessho. Come on sounds more like omon. But still, picking up two new phrases while we are gone was fabulous.

No comments: