Wednesday, October 18, 2006

I Want to Share Myself

Today as we were getting ready for preschool, I reminded S2 what the letter of the day was and that he needed to find something to take to sharing time that started with that letter. He thought for a second and said, "Well, I want to take, um, I want to take, um. Mom, I don't want to take anything to share today." I asked him why not and he replied, "Because, I am going to take me. I start with (letter of the day) because my name is (s2). I am going to show myself." I had to chuckle as I thought this was pretty clever for a four year old to come up with. Maybe one of the other kids did it the day their name and letter were the same. But I still found it very amusing.

As far as Halloween goes, S2 has decided that he no longer wants to be a skeleton, but he also doesn't want to be a pirate. Now he wants to be a spider! I told him that was okay but he needed to be sure because once I made him a spider costume he'd be stuck! One more thing to do before S3 goes into surgery.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hear you on the cotumes! My David (same age as S2) has wanted to be a watermelon, a firefighter, a banana and a witch. We finally got the firefighter costume today, so I hope it sticks. I'm not getting or making another one! I hope you guys have a great Halloween, and that S3's surgery goes well!