Friday, September 29, 2006

My favorite time of year

Fall is my favorite time of year. I love the mild weather so that I can work out in the yard. I love pumpkins. I love the kids going back to school. And as mentioned before, the apples and peaches. However, my ability to work out in the yard this fall has been hampered greatly by S3 and his decided lack of enjoyment of being outside. He's fine if you hold him, but he still hates the grass. Forget about the play pen, it's way too boring. It makes it impossible for me to clean the gutters when a 17 month old wants me to hold him. Plus I can't leave him inside by himself while I do it. Oh, the trials of motherhood!

Yesterday I finally got the front room cleaned up from my file project. Then I wasted no time in getting my fall decor up. Then I got the four loads of clean laundry sorted and folded. Now the laundry needs put away and the kitchen is in dire need of attention. And then there are the other loads of laundry to be washed that were waiting for me to fold the first four loads.

Apart from that I also have to call the school district and see what we need to do to get S1 into the self-contained autism unit at a normal elementary school for part of the day. And we are adjusting his meds to see if we can better control his seizures. If the increase in meds doesn't help we'll have to go in and see the neurologist (who's at the children's hospital) again before switching medications. Fun Fun Fun. Isn't it great that all of this coincides with S3 being at the children's hospital too? Life is a joy. Really it is, I couldn't ask for sweeter or cuter boys. They are so much fun and so bright. Plus they love me tons and love each other too. Their dad is such a hard worker and supportive of all my efforts. The boys just light up and go crazy when he comes home-especially if it is earlier in the evening so they have time to play.

I had a meeting with S1's teacher this last week and he's doing well in school. But it is frustrating to know what goals to set for him since so often it seems as if he's not making progress. However, I continually see growth in him as he masters new skills and finds way to get what he desires. S1 loves fall too and is spending a lot more time outside in the backyard these days. The only problem with this means that he gets dirtier more often and needs more baths-which means more water all over the floor and more laundry. Oh well. At least he is happy.

No comments: