Sunday, November 04, 2007

Mr. Perfect

Okay, it's been awhile. I've been having a hard time finding time to sit down and type. Now that I thought all was quiet, I'm going to try, but even as the page loaded up, I hear S1 coming! Wish me luck.

S2 is now in kindergarten and he got his first quarter report card. He got a Y for complete mastery in every category that they tested him in and for each social skill. He also had zero absences and tardies. I had to laugh when I told him that he got his report card and that he'd gotten all Y's and had zero absences and tardies and he said, "I have a perfect report card." It kills me how much stuff he understands - I hadn't used the P word at all. I just hope that he doesn't feel too let down if he doesn't get a perfect report next time!

Just one other anecdote about Mr. Perfect. We went to the pharmacy to pick up a couple of prescriptions. When I got to the window I told the lady that we had to pick up two prescritions, one for S1 and one for myself. Away she went. A couple seconds latter she comes back and says, " I'll have your prescription ready in just a moment." Matthew pipes up and says, "Oh, that means she has S1's ready." Which was true as she had brought it over and set it down by the register - all out of S2's range of vision given that we were in the drive thru lane and he was sitting in the front passengers seat. Before anyone freaks out, our van is so old there is no air bag there. Once again I was just floored by his level of comprehension at only 5 years old. Boy, are we in trouble!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it is totally amazing how much they understand at such a young age. my son has informed me that he is going to Disneyland when he turns 5 next year. He also knows that he is going to school next year and is very excited. Let's cross our fingers that he continues that excitement.