Wednesday, November 02, 2011

Bedtime Sweet Bedtime

Kids are so funny. We were all downstairs in the family room (and the boys room is down there too). It was time for bed, so S2 and S3 clambered over each other so they wouldn't be the last one in to have to turn off the light. I carried D1 to the stairs and told S1 it was time to go upstairs as I turned off all of the lights. He was trying to turn them back on so I set D1 down by the stairs and told her to go upstairs while I dealt with S1. Instead she stood up and took off walking in the pitch black to the boys room. And she made it, even climbing over the mini trampoline. I guess she was drawn by the residual light from the night light. S1l followed her in and laid down in bed with S2, said good night but then got up to play with the night light. So I unplugged it and he decided to go up the stairs. As I carried D1 out of the room, she kept saying, "Shhhhh, Shhhhh, Shhhhh" with her finger up to her mouth. They all just made me smile.

No comments: